The Institute for Development and International Relations, Zagreb, under Article 65 of its Statute and in line with the decision of the Board of Directors of the Croatian Science Foundation and Article 42 Paragraph 6 and Article 43 Paragraph 5of the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (Official Gazette nos. 123/03, 105/04, 174/04, 02/07, 46/07, 45/09, 63/11, 94/13, 139/13, 101/14, 60/15 and 131/2017), announces a
for a postdoctoral student in the associate position of Junior Researcher in the scientific field of social sciences at the Department for International Economic and Political Relations – one researcher (m/f)
A fixed-term employment contract will be signed until the end of the Career Development Project for Young Researchers and New Doctors of Science or a maximum period of four years.
- completed course of undergraduate and graduate university study or integrated undergraduate and graduate university study in the scientific field of social sciences, or higher education degree according to the regulations that were in force before the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education was adopted,
- grade-point-average at previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate or integrated undergraduate and graduate) that allows an enrolment in doctoral studies or an already enrolled PhD programme of study.
- received awards or recognitions of excellence in study or research,
- participation in scientific research projects (especially on the topic of migration), published works, personal presentations at scientific conferences
- excellent command of the English language,
- strong writing skills and digital literacy.
In addition to a written application, candidates need to enclose a:
- letter of motivation,
- CV (including valid e-mail address, general information, schooling history, acquired professional qualification and academic degree),
- proof of required academic degree (copy of diploma, etc.),
- prof of enrolment in doctoral studies or transcript of records for unenrolled candidates,
- proof of excellent proficiency in English (certificates, works published in English, etc.)
Candidates may enclose other proof they deem relevant for their application (of command of other foreign languages, etc.).
All requested documentation may be submitted in copy. The selected candidate will be required to present originals or certified copies before signing the work contract.
This job offer has been published in the National Gazette, a daily newspaper and the official web portals of EURAXESS, the Institute and the Croatian Employment Service.
Persons of both sexes may apply under equal opportunities.
For candidates fulfilling the formal requirements, the proficiency in English will be tested to ensure the knowledge and skills necessary for the job. Candidates meeting the requirements will be invited for an interview.
Applications must be received at the Institute no later than 30 days from the day of publication of the offer in the National Gazette.
Applications are accepted in written form only, sent in a sealed envelope to: Institute for Development and International Relations, Lj. F. Vukotinovića 2, P.O. Box 303, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia, marked “Junior Researcher Vacancy at the Department for International Economic and Political Relations“.
Applications are submitted directly to the Registration Office of the Institute or by registered mail to the above address. Incomplete or belated applications will not be considered. Candidates submitting incomplete or belated applications will not be considered candidates for the job offer.
The job application process requires the processing of personal data. Data will be kept by the Institute in accordance to legal requirements.
Candidates will be informed about the selection results by the legal deadline via the Institute’s web page.