The Institute for Development and International Relations (hereinafter: the employer), Zagreb, under Article 65 of its Statute and Article 40 of the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (Official Gazette nos. 123/03, 105/04, 174/04, 02/07, 46/07, 45/09, 63/11, 94/13, 139/13, 101/14, 60/15 and 131/2017), and with the authorisation of the Ministry of Science and Education, announces a
for the associate position of Junior Researcher at the Department for European integration – one researcher (m/f).
A five-year fixed-term employment contract will be signed for the purpose of obtaining a doctoral degree.
- completed course of undergraduate and graduate university study or integrated undergraduate and graduate university study in the scientific field of humanities (area of political science), or higher education degree according to the regulations that were in force before the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education was adopted,
- grade-point-average at previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate or integrated undergraduate and graduate) that allows an enrolment in doctoral studies or an already enrolled PhD programme in the required fields and areas of study,
- excellent command of the Croatian and English language.
Candidates need to enclose:
- a personally signed written application,
- CV (including valid e-mail address, general information, schooling history, acquired professional qualification and academic degree),
- proof of required academic degree (copy of diploma, etc.),
- proof of excellent proficiency in both Croatian and English (certificates, transcript of records, works published in the foreign language, etc.),
- transcript of records for unenrolled candidates or proof of enrolment in doctoral studies in the required field and area of study.
Candidates may enclose other proof they deem relevant for their application (e.g. received awards or recognitions of excellence in study and/or research, participation in internationally financed scientific research projects, especially in the field of EU integration, personal presentations at scientific conferences, proof of work experience on EU projects, proof of additional study relevant to the position, scientific and professional papers.)
The employer may test candidates who satisfy the formal requirements. Candidates who satisfy the formal requirements will be informed about possible testing dates and modalities through e-mail sent to the address specified in the CV.
This job offer has been published in the National Gazette, a daily newspaper and the official web portals of EURAXESS, the Institute and the Croatian Employment Service.
Persons of both sexes may apply under equal opportunities.
Applications with proofs are to be submitted exclusively electronically within 30 days from the date of publication of the job offer in the National Gazette, as one single PDF document, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Job Offer for the Position of Junior Researcher at the Department for European Integration”. The job application process requires the processing of personal data. The data will be kept for the period required according to the legal obligations of the Institute as processing manager.
Incomplete or belated applications will not be considered.
The selected candidate will be required to present originals or certified copies of required proofs before signing the work contract.
Candidates will be informed about the selection results by the legal deadline via the Institute’s web page (www.irmo.hr).