On May 6th 2022, an online workshop for experts in the field of heritage and public administration was held as part of the project ForHeritage: Excellence in heritage management in central Europe.
The workshop was organized and conducted by the Institute for Development and International Relations (IRMO) as one of the project partners in cooperation with the City of Rijeka, in order to present new insights on financing and integrated heritage management.
Different tools developed within the project were presented addressing participatory heritage management, innovative financial instruments, public-private cooperation, heritage impact assessment, heritage management training, and pilot project experiences.
New financial instruments were also presented, since the heritage financing is always a topical issue. The Rijeka Complex Benčić was presented as an innovative model of cultural heritage management, which includes 4 different institutions.
The workshop was attended by 37 participants, representatives of local, regional and national authorities and institutions, private sector, associations, business support organizations and individuals. The vibrant debate highlighted various topics: the need for integrated management; challenges related to cultural tourism; legal obstacles to innovative management models; improvement of public-private and public-civil partnership; capacity building as well as innovations in cultural heritage sector.
The workshop evaluation showed a high degree of satisfaction among the participants and a recommendation for more frequent organization of such workshops and knowledge dissemination based on the research results by the Institute for Development and International Relations.
- For more information abot the ForHeritage project, please visit: https://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/ForHeritage.html
- Tools can be downloaded from the following pages:
- Good/participatory governance in cultural heritage: https://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/D.T1.2.1-GG-and-PG.pdf
- Financial instruments and innovative schemes for cultural heritage: https://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/D.T1.2.4-Financial-instruments.pdf
- Public-private cooperation in cultural heritage revitalisation: https://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/D.T1.2.3-PPC.pdf
- Impact assessment of cultural heritage projects: https://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/D.T1.2.6-Impact-assessment.pdf
- Trasferable elements of cultural heritage revitalization pilot projects: https://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/D.T1.2.2-Pilot-projects.pdf
- How to organise a successful training to improve management in the cultural heritage sector: https://www.interreg-central.eu/Content.Node/D.T1.2.5-CH-training.pdf.