The Institute for Development and International Relations (hereinafter: the employer), Zagreb, under Article 65 of its Statute and Article 40 of the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (Official Gazette nos. 123/03, 105/04, 174/04, 02/07, 46/07, 45/09, 63/11, 94/13, 139/13, 101/14, 60/15 and 131/2017), and with the authorisation of the Ministry of Science and Education, announces a
for the associate position of Junior Researcher in the scientific field of humanities (area of economy or political science or psychology) or the interdisciplinary field of science (area of cognitive science or geography) at the Department for Culture and Communication – one researcher (m/f).
A five-year fixed-term employment contract will be signed for the purpose of obtaining a doctoral degree.
- completed course of undergraduate and graduate university study or integrated undergraduate and graduate university study in the scientific field of humanities (area of economy or political science or psychology) or the interdisciplinary field of science (area of cognitive science or geography), or higher education degree according to the regulations that were in force before the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education was adopted,
– grade-point-average at previous levels of study (undergraduate, graduate or integrated undergraduate and graduate) that allows an enrolment in doctoral studies or an already enrolled PhD programme in the required fields and areas of study.
In addition to a written application, candidates need to enclose:
- CV (including valid e-mail address, general information, schooling history, acquired professional qualification and academic degree),
- proof of required academic degree (copy of diploma, etc.),
- transcript of records for unenrolled candidates or prof of enrolment in doctoral studies in the required fields and areas of study.
Candidates may enclose other proof they deem relevant for their application (e.g. received awards or recognitions of excellence in study and/or research, participation in scientific research projects, especially in the field of culture, personal presentations at scientific conferences, proof of work experience on EU projects, proof of additional study relevant to the position, proof of excellent command of the English language through certificates, copy of transcripts, works published in foreign language, etc.)
The employer may test candidates who satisfy the formal requirements. Candidates will be informed about possible testing dates and modalities through the web pages of the Institute and the Croatian Employment Service.
Persons of both sexes may apply under equal opportunities.
Applications are to be submitted exclusively electronically within 30 days from the date of publication of the job offer in the National Gazette, as one PDF document, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Job Offer for the Position of Junior Researcher at the Department for Culture and Communication”. The last application date is the 30th day as seen in the time stamp of the applicant’s e-mail message sent to the application e-mail.
The job application process requires the processing of personal data. The data will be kept for the period required according to the legal obligations of the Institute as processing manager.
Incomplete or belated applications will not be considered.
The selected candidate will be required to present originals or certified copies before signing the work contract.
Candidates will be informed about the selection results by the legal deadline via the Institute’s web page (www.irmo.hr).