Project duration: 10/ 2002 – 07/2003
Client: Ministry of Public Works, Construction and Reconstruction, Development
Origin of funding: CARDS, 2001
Partner: IDI, Ireland
Description of project – Overall objective: To develop an integrated regional policy and planning practice in Croatia.
- To strengthen the Ministry’s capacity in programming, planning and carrying out obligations assigned in the segment of regional policy and development.
- To strengthen the management capacity of the Fund for Regional Development.
- To strengthen co-ordination and co-operation between the Ministry and other relevant actors and stakeholders involved in the regional policy planning process.
- Implementation of capacity building activities in the Ministry
- Elaboration of the management concept for the Fund for Regional Development
- Proposal of Methodology for regional development programming to the Ministry
- Preparation of the Plan of Actions for the Directorate for the Co-ordination of the CARDS 2002 Project
- Capacity building of the Directorate of Island and Regional Development raised
- The following technical papers elaborated:
- Recommendations for a New Organisation Structure in the Directorate of Island and Regional Development
- Analysis and Recommendations for the Organisation and Management of the Fund for Regional Development of the Republic of Croatia
- Plan of Actions for the Directorate in the Co- ordination of the CARDS 2002 Project
Type of services provided
- Ministry for Public Works strengthened, thus being enabled to develop skills and techniques related to regional planning and programming.
- Established co-operation with relevant institutions involved in regional development with emphasis on co-operation between the Ministry and the Fund for Regional Development.
- Elaborated outline concept for the management of the Fund for Regional Development.
- Increased absorption capacity for future assistance related to the management of regional development, regional planning and programming.
- Elaborated methodology for regional development programmes, in line with obligations under relevant laws