Program: Erasmus+ 2020-1-DE02-KA226-VET-008154
Project duration: 01.06.2021 – 31.05.2023
Funding: Erasmus+ Key Action 2 Strategic Partnership for Innovation and Exchange of Good Practices
Total project value: 258,333,00 Eur
IRMO Project Coordinator: Sanja Tišma, PhD
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany – Project Coordinator
The Institute for Development and International Relations (IRMO), Croatia
Technological Centre of Furniture and Wood of the Region of Murcia (CETEM) – Spain
Globalnet sp. z.o.o. – Poland
InnovaWood asbl – Belgium
Styrian Technology Park (STP) – Slovenia
The COVID-19 pandemic demonstrated the vulnerability of European industry and showed with greater emphasis the digitalisation of it as a strategic imperative. However, the challenge for European SMEs is not simply to be digital but to transform themselves into “Bionic firms”: companies that are capable of effectively combine technological, transversal and leadership skills achieving in turn more productive operations and greater innovation.
GIST has the aim to develop innovative training material for SMEs to provide them with the basic competencies needed to reach this “Bionic Status”.
The project will especially focus on the companies of the furniture sector, a field in with the 4th industrial revolution had not entered massively due to under-invests in the R&D&I, a typical SMEs disability. The organisations involved are indeed preoccupied with the shortage of skilled personnel and the ageing workforce. Hence, a life-long learning pathway to upskilling and reskilling the SMEs’ workers seems to be a priority.
Specifically, GIST aims to:
- Define the required learning outcomes based on a deep analysis on the current needs of industry regarding digital transformation.
- Define, develop and validate the structure and methodology of the GIST training course in a Joint Curriculum with the participation of stakeholders, target groups and associated partners.
- Deliver the training course on e-learning OER Platform and protect it under open licenses.
- Evaluate a complete e-learning experience by a verification action and improve the project results.
- Create new job opportunities for people with the necessary skills for the future integrative, sustainable and digitalised industries