Project duration: 1/2019 – 6/2022
Project Coordinator: WYG ADVISORY d.o.o.
Institute for Development and International Relations
WYG INTERNATIONAL B.V.
University of Zagreb – Faculty of Philosophy
MAP Savjetovanja d.o.o.
IRMO team leader: Daniela Angelina Jelinčić, PhD
As one of the partners in the consortium, IRMO is engaged to implement monitoring and evaluation of the project Rijeka 2020 European Capital of Culture. The monitoring and evaluation of the project impacts is the responsibility of every city which is awarded this title, and Rijeka will be the first of the cities to assume this obligation under the new rules prescribed by the European Parliament and the Council Decision on the EPC initiative 2020-2033. The European Commission’s intention is to further examine the project impacts on the overall cities development and how much the project contributes to the defined objectives of the ECoC initiative and program.
The main objective of the project is to examine the effects of the project on the overall development of the city, with the following specific objectives:
- to provide background and evidence for decision-making of Rijeka 2020 by providing recommendations for the achievement of goals of the ECoC;
- to create a database of results and impacts of the ECoC Rijeka 2020 project that were generated a year before the title as the basis for the assessment of the project in 2020;
- to measure and analyze the economic, environmental, social and cultural outcomes and impacts of the ECoC Rijeka 2020 project in the title year;
- to create a database of results and impacts of the ECoC Rijeka 2020 project that were generated after acquiring the title;
- to develop and implement a framework for open and free access to data that will serve as a legacy of the project.