Project duration: 1/1/2021 – 31/10//2021
Client: Požega-Slavonia County
Team leader: Sanja Maleković, PhD
The activities included the evaluation of all the key attachments to the Plan – from the analysis of the current situation, to the SWOT analysis, assessment of the analysis of development needs and potentials, evaluation of the strategic determinants of the future development of the Požega-Slavonija County – vision, priorities, special goals and measures (relevance of the strategy; justification of goals, priorities and measures, The evaluation was particularly focused on the assessment of the indicators of the achievement of the special goals, the assessment of the indicative financial plan and the relevance of the established strategic projects, and the Excel table of the plan with all the key elements that will be used for the purpose of monitoring the implementation of the Strategy.
Special attention was paid to evaluation questions within the following evaluation criteria: relevance, consistency, coherence and impact of the strategy.
The main goals of the project are:
– to contribute to the quality of the developed County Development Plan and to the achievement of its connection with the National Development Strategy 2030
– to contribute to the overall process of strategic planning in the Požega-Slavonia County by raising the quality of the prepared Plan (through a reasoned assessment of the relevance, justification, consistency, coherence and effectiveness of the strategy);
– to contribute to the understanding of prior evaluation (ex-ante evaluation), and to the strengthening of the knowledge and skills of experts from the Požega-Slavonia County and other key stakeholders involved in the strategic planning process, for prior evaluation;
– to contribute to the strengthening of the consensus and thus the partnership in the implementation of the overall development of the Požega-Slavonia County.
The expected effects of the project are:
– contribution to the quality of the Development Plan of the Požega-Slavonia County, based on the assessment of relevance, justification, consistency, internal and external coherence and effectiveness of the strategy
– contribution to the good connection and compliance of the PSC Development Plan with the National Development Strategy 2030 and with other strategic development documents on the national and the EU level
– improvement of the process of strategic planning in the Požega-Slavonia County based on the increased quality of the PSC Development Plan (based on the assesments, suggestions and instructions of the IRMO consulting team)
– increased level of understanding of the preliminary evaluation among experts from the Požega-Slavonia County and other key stakeholders involved in the strategic planning process
– improved partnership through strengthening the consensus in shaping the PSC Development Plan