The new book “Economics, Ecology and Policy for the Bioeconomy: A Holistic Approach” for the publisher Routledge, is designed to study questions such as:
- Defining the bioeconomy
- Bioeconomy policy problems
- Sectoral approach to bioeconomy
– Traditional sectors (agriculture, forestry and aquaculture)
– New emerging sectors (bioenergy, biochemistry and biopharmacy)
- Holistic approach to bioeconomy: economic, ecological, social and technological aspects
The goal is to write a book on bioeconomy that will have a holistic approach at its core, considering that the key challenge of the development of bioeconomy today is the classic linear, monosectoral approach, which prevents a complete perception of bioeconomy as a concept that is highly integrated and multisectoral.
The expected effect of the new bioeconomy book is to provide new information for decision makers at the global, regional and local levels, to enable students to find key facts related to bioeconomy, and to enable entrepreneurs to find a key framework for new business ideas.